Effective : December 1, 2022
This Policy applies to information we collect from or about you: (1) when you access or use our mobile applications (“Applications”), websites (“Websites”), or products and/or services (“Products”); (2) when you communicate with us in any manner, including by email, telephone, and/or in person; and (3) from third party sources.
Please read this Policy carefully. The practices described herein are subject to the laws in the places in which we operate.
BY ACCESSING AND/OR USING OUR APPLICATIONS, WEBSITES, AND/OR PRODUCTS, OR BY COMMUNICATING WITH US IN ANY MANNER, YOU REPRESENT THAT YOU HAVE READ AND UNDERSTOOD THIS POLICY.
What Information Do We Collect About You?
Depending upon how you interact with our Websites, Applications, or Products, how you communicate with us, or our interactions with third parties, we may collect the following categories of information from and about you:
• Direct identifiers, including but not limited to your unique online identifier, name, alias, social media handle, IP address, username, and password, postal and/or e-mail address, account name and/or account number, social security number, driver’s license number, passport number, and/or state identification number.
• Related identifiers, including but not limited to your date of birth, bank, credit, or debit card number, financial information, insurance policy number, and/or license plate information.
• Physical characteristics, including protected characteristics under federal and state law, such as age, sex, race, and ethnicity.
• Commercial information, including records of products or services purchased, obtained, or considered, and other purchasing and consuming histories and tendencies.
• Biometric information, such as fingerprints.
• Internet or other electronic network activity information, with our Websites, Applications, and communications, including browser type and version, browser settings, operating systems and platform, device type, operating information, mobile carrier, and page response time and download errors.
• Geolocation data, such as your zip code and time zone.
• Audio, electronic, visual, and thermal information, including telephone recordings, electronic communication records, security camera footage from applicable First American properties, and temperature reading.
• Professional or employment-related information, such as your work history, salary history, and education history.
How Do We Use Your Information? We use the information for a variety of business and commercial purposes, including but not limited to: >
• Provide the Applications and Websites to you.
• Provide the Products you have requested.
• Operate the Applications and Websites, including access management, payment processing, Application and/or Website administration, internal operations, troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, and for statistical purposes.
• Respond to your requests, feedback, or inquiries.
• Comply with laws, regulations, and other legal requirements.
• Comply with relevant industry standards and our policies.
• Protect and enforce your rights and the rights of other users against the unlawful activity, including identity theft and fraud.
• Protect and enforce our collective rights arising under any agreements entered between First American and you or any other third party.
• Fulfill a transaction you requested or service your policy.
• Handle a claim.
• Create and manage your account.
• Protect the integrity and maintain the security of our Applications, Websites, and Products.
• Operate, evaluate, and improve our business.
• Provide you with information and advertisements about products, services, and promotions, from us or affiliates, that may interest you.
• Deliver content tailored to your interests and the manner in which you use the Applications and/or Websites.
• Present content in a manner that is optimized for your device.
• Measure and analyze the effectiveness of the Applications, Websites, and Products we provide to you.
How Do We Share Your Information?
We do not sell your personal information. We may, however, disclose or share information with others for a variety of business and commercial purposes, including:
• In a business transfer. We may disclose or share your information as part of a corporate business transaction, such as a merger or acquisition, joint venture, corporate reorganization, financing, or sale of company assets, or in the unlikely event of insolvency, bankruptcy, or receivership, in which such information could be transferred to third parties as a business asset in the transaction.
• To non-affiliated third parties. We may disclose or share your information with certain non-affiliated third parties for a variety of business purposes, including but not limited to facilitating your access and use of our Websites, Applications, and Products. Those third parties may include, but may not be limited to internet service providers, your real estate agents, and other related professionals, advertising networks, data analytics providers, governmental entities, operating systems and platforms, social media networks, and service providers who provide us a service (e.g., credit / debit card processing, billing, shipping, repair, customer service, auditing, marketing, debugging to identify and repair errors that impair existing intended functionality on our Websites, Applications, or Products, and/or protecting against malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity).
• To subsidiaries and affiliates. We may disclose or share your information with our First American subsidiaries and affiliates to further facilitate your use of our Applications, Websites, and Products, and to ensure the smooth and consistent operations of First American by identifying and repairing errors that impede intended functionality and to protect against malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity.
• For legal process and protection. We may disclose or share your information to satisfy any law, regulation, legal process, or governmental request, or where we have a good faith belief that access, use, preservation or disclosure of such information is reasonably necessary to: o Enforce or apply agreements, or initiate, render, bill, and collect for Products; o Protect our rights or interests, property or safety or that of others; o In connection with claims, disputes, or litigation – in court or elsewhere; o Protect users of our Applications, Websites, and Products and other carriers or providers from fraudulent, abusive, or unlawful use of, or subscription to, such services; and o Facilitate or verify the appropriate calculation of taxes, fees, or other obligations due to a local, state, or federal government.
• Social Media Integration
• Our Applications, Websites, and/or Products may, from time to time, contain links to and from social media platforms. You may choose to connect to us through a social media platform, such as Facebook or Twitter. When you do, we may collect additional information from or about you, such as your screen names, profile picture, contact information, contact list, and the profile pictures of your contacts, through the social media platform. Please be advised that social media platforms may also collect information from you. We do not have control over the collection, use and sharing practices of social media platforms. We, therefore, encourage you to review their usage and disclosure policies and practices, including their data security practices, before using the social media platforms.
How Do We Store and Protect Your Information?
• Although no system can guarantee the complete security of your information, we take all commercially reasonable steps to ensure your information is protected in alignment with all applicable laws and regulations, as appropriate to the sensitivity of your information.
How Long Do We Keep Your Personal Information?
• We keep your information for as long as necessary in accordance with the purpose for which it was collected, our business needs, and our legal and regulatory obligations. If we dispose of your information, we will do so in a way that is secure and appropriate to nature of the information subject to disposal.
Cookies and Related Technology
• We may use browser cookies, beacons, pixel tags, scripts, and other similar technologies from time to time to support the functionality of our Applications, Websites, and Products. A cookie is a piece of information contained in a very small text file that is stored in your Internet browser or elsewhere on your hard drive. Cookies are transferred from our Websites and Applications to your computer, phone or tablet, and allow us to identify your device whenever you return to our Website or Application. These technologies provide a better experience when you use our Applications, Websites, and Products, and allow us to improve our services. We may also use analytic software, such as Google Analytics and others, to help better understand how our Applications and Websites function on your device(s) and for other analytical purposes. To learn more about how Google uses data when you use our Applications and Websites, see How Google uses data when you use our partners’ sites or apps. You can opt-out of Google Analytics by installing Google’s opt-out browser add-on here: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
• Our Applications, Websites, and Products are not intended for children under the age of 18. This includes any links to other websites that we provide for our convenience. We don’t knowingly collect the information of children for any reason.
• We may change this Policy from time to time. Any and all changes will be reflected on this page, and where appropriate provided in person or by another electronic method. The effective date will be stated at the top of this Policy. You should regularly check this page for any changes to this Privacy Notice.
• YOUR CONTINUED USE, ACCESS, OR INTERACTION WITH THE APPLICATIONS, WEBSITES, OR PRODUCTS, OR YOUR CONTINUED COMMUNICATIONS WITH US AFTER THE UPDATED POLICY HAS BEEN POSTED WILL REPRESENT THAT YOU HAVE READ AND UNDERSTOOD THIS POLICY.